How to make a complaint or comment on our service
If you would like to make a comment, give us feedback or have a complaint please contact the Customer Relations section:
Tel: 0191 203 3199 (available 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays).
Tyne and Wear Metro
Metro Control Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
DB Regio Tyne & Wear Ltd
Metro Control Centre
South Gosforth Station
When making a complaint, please tell us:
- Your full name, address and telephone number.
- Your email address.
- How you would like to be contacted, for example, telephone, letter, email.
- A copy of your season ticket or your original Metro ticket. Only required if you are claiming a refund because the train you were on, or the train you were waiting for was delayed by more than 15 minutes than was advertised.
- If your complaint refers to a particular incident please provide the date, time, location and details of your journey i.e. where you were travelling from and to.
- If your complaint refers to an incident on a particular train, include the train or carriage number (if known). The train number is shown externally on the windscreen at the front and rear of the train. The carriage number is shown inside of the train at the front and rear next to the drivers cab and on the outside side of the train at the front and rear.
- If your complaint relates to a ticket machine at a station, please make a note of the machine number (displayed on the screen at the top right hand side); remember to include the station name, time and date.
- Tell us as much as you can about the complaint, what has gone wrong and how we can resolve your complaint satisfactorily.
We will investigate all your concerns and complaints and aim to send you a reply to your letter within ten working days and emails within five working days.
We will do our best to resolve any problem, but if you are unhappy with our first response and you contact us again your situation will be escalated and responded to by a manager. If you continue to remain unhappy with our response you can contact Transport Focus (an independent body set up by the Government to protect the interests of rail users) www.transportfocus.org.uk:
Tel: 0300 123 2350
PO Box 5594
Southend on Sea
The Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for consumer disputes (Competent Authorities and information) regulations 2015 requires us to advise you of an ‘Alternative Dispute Resolution’ organisation for your complaint. In our case this is The Consumer Ombudsman (www.consumer-ombudsman.org). However, as Transport Focus already provide a mediation service for customers in the rail industry, we do not make use of the ADR process and correspondence to the Consumer Ombudsman will be redirected to Transport Focus.