Tyne and Wear Metro are introducing new and exciting community initiatives to enable local people, charitable organisations and businesses to participate in building stronger and more active communities as well as strengthening links in building proactive relationships.
By becoming involved in these new investment projects you will not only help raise awareness of your group or organisation but will encourage people to inspire passion, respect as well as raise the spirits of residents and businesses by improving local neighbourhoods.
There are many ways we aim to introduce these initiatives and some can be tendered to meet your needs if you are looking for specific projects. Our ideas include:
- Adopt a Station
- Metro Gardens
- Metro Arts
- Meet your Manager (look out for the latest dates!)
- Community Noticeboards
We anticipate groups to undertake a number of functions:
- Create a welcoming approach to passengers
- Introduce a visually appealing environment
- Maintain cleanliness and litter free stations
- Use the station as a gateway for businesses, communities or groups
Typically we are looking for low-maintenance projects but at the same time create a refreshing impact to welcome our passengers.
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who are keen to pass on their skills and knowledge to various community groups or businesses who want to increase their profile in a local area. These groups can be local residents, friends and families, youth groups or fellow enthusiasts or aspiring businesses:
- Local residents
- Community groups
- Charitable organisations and voluntary groups
- Schools and Universities
By participating in these projects you will be able to experience many benefits by:
- passing on your expertise and knowledge
- increasing your social skills and self confidence
- becoming more aware of the local surroundings
- getting out and about more often
- meeting new people
- personal achievement by helping others
- raising the profile of your business
Whether you are a keen gardener who can arrange floral displays; encourage others to be creative or simply a business keen in community development - your recognition will be showcased to thousands of Metro passengers on a daily basis.
For further information, please contact our Stakeholder Engagement Officer at email@example.com or give her a call on 0191 470 1784. For general enquiries please call 0191 203 3600.