Our budget is set for us each year by the Tyne and Wear Integrated Transport Authority - see http://www.twita.gov.uk
The ITA receives its money in the form of a levy on the five district councils. The amount each council gives is in proportion to its population.
Revenue collected in fares and advertising on Metro is ploughed back into the service, keeping its operating subsidy at a minimum.
Nexus administers funds on behalf of the Tyne and Wear Integrated Transport Authority, which sets our budget and policy.
The ITA, which meets every two months, is made up of elected councillors delegated from the five local authorities which make up Tyne and Wear.
Nexus has an Executive Board made up of four executive directors and five non-executive directors. These are:
- Bernard Garner, Director General
- Ken Mackay, Director of Rail & Infrastructure
- Tobyn Hughes, Director of Customer Services
- John Fenwick, Director of Finance and Resources
- Paul Woods, Treasurer of Newcastle City Council
- Harvey Emms, Director of Strategic Housing, Planning & Transportation, Newcastle City Council
- David Slater, Executive Director of Environment and Regeneration, Newcastle City Council
- Peter Wignall, Managing Director of the Workplace Travel Planning Company.