Nexus regularly receives requests for filming and photography. They can vary from film production companies to local bus enthusiasts. Each request will be considered on its own merits and an application form will need to be completed in all cases.
We're happy for people to take 'family snaps' and selfies with phones or cameras while on stations or vehicles - but remember you are on a busy station. Be aware of your immediate surroundings, respect the privacy and needs of fellow passengers and do not use flash when vehicles are approaching. Our staff will approach you or use the PA system if they have any concerns.
If you are filming on behalf of a company/organisation then procedures are detailed below. If you are an amateur photographer pursuing a project then some of the procedures may be waived. It is imperative that in all instances a safety briefing is conducted prior to any attendance on bus stations, as we need to ensure your safety as well as the travelling passengers.
Please follow the guidelines below:
- Permission to film or take photographs on Nexus bus stations must be obtained in writing from the Customer Services department
- Wherever possible we will try to accommodate any filming and photo requests
- For photography, filming and media requests contact the Media team on 0191 203 or email
- A weeks' notice is required so we can arrange for a Nexus representative to be present
- Filming times are normally limited to off peak periods, Monday-Friday 9.30am-4.30pm. Evenings and weekends will depend on staff availability
- Filming or photography is NOT permitted on the roadway for safety reasons.
Filming of the following activities is not allowed on bus stations:
- Smoking or intoxication
- Fare evasion
- Use of firearms or other weapons
- Vandalism or graffiti
- Assaults on passengers or members of staff
- Misuse of escalators or other Nexus property
Any person found taking photographs or filming on Nexus premises will be challenged by staff if they have concerns about safety or security.