To mitigate driver resource issues the following bus services will not be operated until further notice. Nexus apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Monday – Saturday:
W1 1030 ex Whitley Bay Metro and return 1105 from Earsdon Grange
W1a 1200 ex Whitley Bay Metro and return 1235 from Earsdon Grange
W3 1020 Ex Whitley Bay Town Centre and return 1041 ex Norham Road
From Wednesday 13 October
There will be some changes to routes, timetables and stopping arrangements for routes which serve North Shields Town Centre due to the closure of Howard Street and Northumberland Square. Passengers who normally use the stop on Howard Street (41n13 - adjacent to the Library) should instead a new stop on Stephenson Street near the junction with Suez Street. Passengers who normally use the stops at Northumberland Square (41n04 & 41n16) should instead use stop 41n03 on Albion Road.
The changes affect Arriva services 53, 57a & 306, Go North East services 1 & 11 and Central Taxis of Gateshead services 11, 333 & 335.
The timetables are available at the following link
Live travel news | nexus.org.uk
From Wednesday 13th October
We will be making some route and timetable changes to services 333 & 335.
- New route and stopping arrangements in North Shields Town Centre
- From the Ferry Landing/Fish Quay buses will now return to Bedford Street and will then continue towards Tynemouth Broadway via Stephenson Street (no longer serving Howards Street or Northumberland Square).
- Buses travelling from Tynemouth Broadway will enter North Shields via Albion Road and Church Way (no longer serving Northumberland Square)
- This service will continue to operate up to every 30 minutes, Monday – Saturday daytime
- New route, timetable and stopping arrangements
- Between Four Lane Ends – Benton ASDA buses will now travel via Forest Hall & Palmersville
- Between Cobalt – New York, Monday – Friday buses will serve Silver Fox Way and New York Way (instead of Quick Silver Way, The Silverlink North and New York Road)
- In North Shields town centre buses will now leave via Stephenson Street, Albion Road and Church Way (instead of Howard Street and Northumberland Square).
- This service will continue to operate up to every 30 minutes, Monday – Friday daytime and every 60 minutes Saturday daytime
These changes are introduced following a recent public consultation – for further details, including the new timetables, please click here Consultation | nexus.org.uk
- (approx) November 2021: Routes 79A & TB20 – Avenue Vivian/Lambton Lane/Rose Avenue, Fence Houses
Avenue Vivian at Fence Houses will be closed between Lambton Lane and Rose Avenue from Wednesday 13 May 2020 for approximately 18 months. The long-term closure is to allow construction and drainage works.
Nexus Services 79A (Go North East) and TB20 (Station Taxis) will divert from Station Avenue via Rose Avenue to Avenue Vivian, omitting Station Avenue North (28047) and Lambton Lane 28952.
Passengers should use Avenue Vivian or Station Avenue at Durham Street/St John’s Church.
- (approx) March 2022: Routes 50 – Downhill Lane, West Boldon
Downhill Lane, West Boldon will be closed from Monday 14 September due to long-term works at A19/Downhill junction. The works may take longer than 18 months to complete.
During the closure, Go North Service 50 will divert via A19 and A184 in both directions omitting Downhill Lane. Passengers should use stops on Addison Road.
- September 2022: Durham Bus Station Closure - Temporary Bus Stops
From Monday 15 February 2021, Durham Bus Station will be closed to allow demolition and redevelopment work to begin.
Whilst the bus station is closed, a range of new bus stops will be introduced on North Road and at Millburngate.
For list of alternative drop off/pick up locations - click on link to Durham County Council information here.
- Friday, 29 October 2021: Routes 11, 99, 136, 593 – St Luke’s Road, Pallion, Sunderland
From Wednesday 27 October 2021 for 3 days St Luke’s Road, Pallion, Sunderland will be closed and Stagecoach services 11, 99, Gateshead Central Taxis (GCT) service 593 and Go North East (GNE) service 136 will be diverted.
Stagecoach service 11 from Pennywell towards City Centre and Grangetown will operate their normal routes as far as St Luke’s Rd/Front Rd double roundabouts, then divert via St. Luke’s Rd, Meldon Rd and Pallion Subway.
Stagecoach service 99 from Plains Farm towards Hylton Castle will operate their normal routes as far as Pallion Rd, then divert via Midmoor Rd, Westmoor Rd and St Lukes Rd, resuming normal routes at Meldon Rd.
GCT service 593 will divert after Front Rd, along St Luke’s Rd, resuming normal route at Meldon Rd.
GNE Service 136 will divert after Pallion Rd via Westmoor Rd, St Luke’s Rd, resuming normal route at Meldon Rd.
Stops 24538 and 24539 on Westmoor Rd, 24540 and 24541 on Midmoor Rd and 24443 on St Lukes Rd will not be observed during the closure.