We only accept applications for advertised job vacancies and we do not accept speculative CVs.
Your application will not be reviewed until after the closing date specified on the advert. We use a standard rigorous recruitment process for all our jobs which involves:
- Job advertisement - we advertise all jobs in the 'Vacancies with Nexus' or 'Vacancies with Metro' sections of this website.
- Application - you will complete an application form. If you are selected for the next stage in the recruitment process we will contact you. If you do not hear anything from us within 6 weeks, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
- Assessments - if required for the job, as part of the selection process, we will ask you to complete a suite of psychometric assessments. More information can be found at our partner website - www.shl.com. If you are not selected for the next stage, we will inform you by email.
- Interview - the interview and interview questions will be designed around the role for which you are applying. You will be asked competence-based questions which will help us to assess your skills, behaviours and capabilities.
- Medicals - all employees must comply with our drugs and alcohol policy. Anyone who refuses to comply will not be considered for employment with Nexus:
- people applying for safety-critical posts will be required to undergo a pre-appointment medical assessment and drugs and alcohol test.
- all other applicants are required to complete a medical questionnaire and sign a statement to confirm that they understand the drugs and alcohol policy and intend to comply.
- References - all job offers are made on the condition that we receive two satisfactory references for you. As part of our recruitment process, prospective employees may be subject to background checking prior to joining us. This may include passing your personal information on to a third party. We comply with all obligations under the Data Protection Act.
- Job Offer - if you are the successful candidate, then we will make a job offer to you. The offer will specify the salary, benefits and location for the job.
You can be confident your details will be treated as confidential during the recruitment process.