Nexus is a forward thinking organisation, structured in order to achieve our aspirations.
For your hard work and dedication we offer the following range of benefits:
Rewards and Benefits
We have a range of core benefits to which all employees are entitled;
- Free travel - free employee travel on the Tyne and Wear Metro, the Shields Ferry and local bus services throughout Tyne and Wear.
- Annual leave - you can look forward to generous annual leave in addition to paid public holidays.
- Pension Scheme - we offer an excellent pension scheme, with your own contributions topped up with those from Nexus.
- Sick Pay Scheme - our generous occupational sick pay scheme offers up to 26 weeks at full pay, with a further 26 weeks at half pay, depending on how long you have been with us.
- Tax savings - our Salary Sacrifice Scheme provides tax savings by allowing you to pay for nursery places, childcare vouchers or even charity donations direct from your gross income.
- Wellbeing for staff - our highly regarded Occupational Health Service offers a range of wellbeing initiatives for staff, including health checks and confidential, informal advice on any health-related issue.
- Flexible working - we have various policies in place to support flexible working and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- Social activities - there are many clubs and societies to take an active part in, including sporting and special interest clubs.
- Rewards - our Annual Staff Awards scheme celebrates the achievements of staff throughout the year.
- High street discounts - our online discount site – nexusextras.co.uk offers discounts and cash back for many high street retailers and more.
- Further education - opportunities for further educational development, working with Northumbria University & Gateshead College.