How to make a complaint or comment on our service
If you would like to make a comment, give us feedback or have a complaint please contact the Customer Relations section:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0191 203 3199 (available 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays).
Tyne and Wear Metro
Metro Control Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
South Gosforth Station
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
When making a complaint, please tell us:
- Your full name, address and telephone number.
- Your email address.
- How you would like to be contacted, for example, telephone, letter, email.
- A copy of your season ticket or your original Metro ticket. Only required if you are claiming a refund because the train you were on, or the train you were waiting for was delayed by more than 15 minutes than was advertised.
- If your complaint refers to a particular incident please provide the date, time, location and details of your journey i.e. where you were travelling from and to.
- If your complaint refers to an incident on a particular train, include the train or carriage number (if known). The train number is shown externally on the windscreen at the front and rear of the train. The carriage number is shown inside of the train at the front and rear next to the drivers cab and on the outside side of the train at the front and rear.
- If your complaint relates to a ticket machine at a station, please make a note of the machine number (displayed on the screen at the top right hand side); remember to include the station name, time and date.
- Tell us as much as you can about the complaint, what has gone wrong and how we can resolve your complaint satisfactorily.
In line with Office of Rail and Road (ORR) Complaints Handling Procedure requirements, we are obligated to respond to 95% of complaints within 20 working days. To help drive service improvements and customer satisfaction, we have set the following internal targets to respond to written and email complaints: letter within ten working days and emails within five working days.
We will do our best to resolve any problem, but if you are unhappy with our first response and you contact us again your situation will be escalated and responded to by a manager. If you remain unhappy with our response you can contact the Rail Ombudsman.
The Rail Ombudsman are there to help resolve on-going complaints It’s free to use their services and they are independent of the rail industry.
The Rail Ombudsman can be contacted through their website or in any of the following ways:
Write to: FREEPOST - RAIL OMBUDSMAN
Telephone: 0330 094 0362 (Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5.00pm)
Textphone: 0330 094 0363
Email: [email protected]