Start your student journey with Metro
Are you aged 16-21 ? Then Pop blue is the cheapest way to use Metro.
. Get your card online.
How much does it cost?
Student Metro Season Ticket
A four-week or annual ticket which could let you travel for less with a valid Student ID card.
Click here to view our Student zone map
This ticket is also valid on:
• the Shields Ferry*
• bus services 53 and 54 between Central Station and Gateshead Interchange ( only valid with an all zone or inner Newcastle Ticket)
• bus service Q3 between Haymarket bus station and St Peter’s Basin
• trains on the Newcastle to Sunderland rail line**
* Only an all zones ticket is valid
** You need a special ticket to accompany your smartcard on trains, request yours from Customer Relations by calling 0191 20 20 747 (Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm)
Apply for your Student Metro Season Ticket online. Your ticket will be loaded on to a Pop card.
Once you have your Pop card, you can renew your ticket:
2. At any Metro station ticket machine.
Please note lost and stolen tickets are non-refundable except for annual tickets as covered by the replacement scheme. Replacement tickets are non-refundable. Conditions of use apply.
To view ticket terms and conditions click here.