In this section you'll find our latest news about our activities in the community. Find out how you can get involved with iniatatives at your local station below.
Art on Metro
Working with local community groups, our aim is to support innovation and make our stations more welcoming to passengers. Art can take the form of many ideals such as performance, music, photography, literature, visual arts, poetry... the list goes on.
We maintain approximately 58 community notice boards throughout the Tyne and Wear Metro network. It is a free service to promote local community services, activities or events within their relevant areas.It is not an alternative source to replace paid-for advertising. The notice boards are specifically designed for charitable and voluntary organisations and where applicable not-for-profit groups.
- Your notice should be no larger than A6 (postcard size or quarter of an A4 sheet).
- Email [email protected] with a proof of your notice for approval together with a list of stations you would like to use.
- On approval you must provide hard copies of your notice (allocate 2 per station plus a couple spare).
- Deliver the notices to Metro Control Centre, Station Road, South Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1YT.
- Delivery must be made by the end of the month in order for the new notices to be replaced at the beginning of the following month.
- Depending on the availability of space old notices will be removed ready for the fresh intake. Sometimes notices can stay up longer than 4 weeks but we do advise that you keep refreshing your notices with new information. Time sensitive notices will remain in place until the date has passed.
- Please be mindful of any date sensitive events and give plenty of notice. Our staff work shift patterns and if your notice is for an event on 7th of the month it should really be displayed the month before.
- Posters cannot be displayed ad-hoc on Metro premises this is considered fly posting.