Unfortunately, in light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Nexus is declining all filming/photography requests for the foreseeable future, and only allowing limited local news media access.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, we are striving to run our operations as normal as possible and everyone’s health and safety are our top priorities and at the heart of every decision we make.
It is critical that we do our part to help reduce the transmission of this virus.
We're happy for people to take 'family snaps' and selfies with phones or cameras while on stations or trains - but remember you are on a busy railway. Be aware of your immediate surroundings, particularly on platforms, respect the privacy and needs of fellow passengers and do not use flash when trains are approaching. Our staff will approach you or use the PA system if they have any concerns.
If you want to take pictures or film as part of a larger project - including as an enthusiast - we ask that you get in touch first so we can make sure you work safely and get the most out of your time. Metro regularly receives requests for filming and photography and these can vary from film production companies to local railway enthusiasts. Each request will be considered on its own merits and an application form will need to be completed in all cases.
If you are filming on behalf of a company/organisation then procedures are detailed below. If you are an amateur photographer pursuing a project then some of the procedures may be waived. It is imperative that in all instances a safety briefing is conducted prior to any attendance on Metro premises as we need to ensure your safety as well as the travelling passengers.
Please follow the guidelines below:
- Permission to film or take photographs on Metro must be obtained in writing from the Metro Communications department
- Wherever possible we will try to accommodate any filming and photo requests
- For photography, filming and media requests contact the Customer Relations team on 0191 20 20 747 or email [email protected].
- Two weeks' notice is required so we can arrange for a Metro representative to be present
- Filming times are normally limited to off peak periods, Monday-Friday 9.30am-4.30pm. Evenings and weekends will depend on staff availability
- Flash photography is NOT permitted on Metro platforms when trains are approaching, for safety reasons
Filming of the following activities is not allowed on Metro:
- Smoking or intoxication
- Fare evasion
- Use of firearms or other weapons
- Vandalism or graffiti
- Assaults on passengers or members of staff
- Misuse of escalators or other Metro property
Any person found taking photographs or filming on Metro premises will be challenged by staff if they have concerns about safety or security.