Kids travel for free on Metro and the Shields Ferry all day, every day – and what better time to make the most of the offer than the Easter holidays?
Tyne and Wear is home to some fantastic family attractions and days out, many of them easily accessible by public transport.
Take a look at our list below of things to do and places to go. Lots of them are holding special Easter activities, please check venue websites for details and and enjoy your Easter adventures!
Find out more about taking the kids for free here: Take the kids for free | nexus.org.uk
- Tynemouth Market
- Segedunum Roman Fort
- Shiremoor Adventure Playground
- Richardson Dees Park
- Tynemouth, Cullercoats and Whitley Bay beaches
- North Shields Fish Quay – why not take the ferry over from South Shields?
- The Word
- Jarrow Hall
- Ocean Beach Pleasure Park
- South Marine Park and South Shields beaches – why not take the ferry over from North Shields?
- National Glass Centre
- Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens
- City Centre Easter trail
- Roker and Seaburn beaches
- 20 things to see and do in Sunderland close to Metro stations