How to contact us
You can contact us if you have any comments, enquiries or a complaint regarding any of the services provided by Nexus including:
- Local travel information and help to plan your journey
- Advice and assistance on smart cards and ticketing products issued by Nexus including:
- Concessionary Travel (ENCTS)
- Under 16 Pop cards
- Gold Card
- Pop cards and products
- Taxi Card
- Class and Group Travel Passes
- Conference Passes
- School Passes
- Car park permits
- lssues with Metro station ticket machines, including requests for refunds when something goes wrong. For complaints or feedback about your Metro journey please see information and contact details below.
- Enquires or complaints regarding maintenance, planned engineering or renewal works on Metro Infrastructure affecting you as a passenger or neighbour to the railway.
- Enquiries or complaints relating to the Shields Ferry.
- Enquiries or complaints relating to Nexus managed bus stations
- Enquiries or complaints relating to Nexus Travelshops
- Cycle lockers at Metro Stations.
- Assistance with purchases of season tickets or smart card top ups online.
- Enquires or complaints regarding bus services funded by Nexus.
By phone: 0191 20 20 747, 8.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
By post: Nexus Customer Services, Nexus House, St James Boulevard, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4AX
All complaints should be submitted in writing. If you send your submission online, you will receive an auto-acknowledgement to your chosen email address.
Once received, we aim to send you a response in 5 working days. However, in some circumstances it may take longer to do so, if the query or complaint requires further investigation.
We will contact you after 10 working days if we have been unable to provide an answer, and continue to keep in touch until the query is closed.
Ownership of complaints
If we receive an enquiry, complaint or refund claim, this will be forwarded to the relevant department within Nexus to investigate to help formulate a response. In certain circumstances another Nexus department may respond direct.
Transport Focus appeals
Transport Focus appeals will be reviewed by a member of the Customer Services Supervisory team or the Customer Services Manager, and a response will be given accordingly.
Enquiries or complaints about Tyne and Wear Metro
Metro has its own dedicated customer services team, reflecting the fact that although it is owned and managed by Nexus but is also part of the national rail network and meets shared industry standards.
The Metro team manages the administration of Penalty Fare Notices and any complaints, enquiries or refunds that relate to the performance of the Metro service.
If your complaint relates to anything that happened while travelling on Metro, or the environment in and around a Metro station, you should contact the Metro team directly by:
Email: [email protected]
By phone: 0191 203 3199, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
By post:Customer Relations, Tyne and Wear Metro, Metro Control Centre, South Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 1YT
Third party complaints
If your complaint is regarding a bus service, or something that has occurred while travelling by bus, you should contact the relevant operator direct.
Contact details of the 3 main bus operators in Tyne and Wear are provided below:
Go North East
By phone: 0191 420 5050, 7.00am - 7.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am - 5.00pm at weekends and bank holidays.
By post: Go North East, Customer Services Team, Freepost NT2674, Gateshead, NE8 1BR
By phone: 0191 566 0231, 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
By post: Stagecoach North East Head Office, Wheatsheaf, Sunderland, SR5 1AQ
By phone: 0344 800 44 11, 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday
By post: Arriva Customer Services, 487 Dunstable Road, FREEPOST ANG7624, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 8DS