Here's all the information you'll need to get around by public transport if you're aged 16-18:
Planning your journey
- Use our interactive Live Travel Map to see the next bus, Metro, train and Shields Ferry times from every stop and station in Tyne and Wear and to plan your journey. Bus times are Real-Time where available - which means it's the time the bus is expected to actually leave your stop.
- If you're at a sixth form at a secondary school, click here and then go to 'In this section' for school buses in your area
- If you know the number of the bus you need, click here to find the timetable.
- Metro timetables are here
Tickets and passes
Finding the best ticket for you will depend on what type of transport you use.
- If you're 16 or over and travelling on a dedicated school bus service you can travel for a flat fare of 90p.
- You can get discounts on adult fares when you're aged 16-18.
- If a season ticket isn't for you, Pop Pay As You Go might be. Find out more here.
And of course these passes aren't just valid for getting to and from college, your apprenticeship or job - you can use them at any time to get to nights out, a part-time job, go shopping - whatever you want.
- Pop into a Nexus TravelShop for help and advice from our friendly staff - click here to find out where they are.
- Call Nexus Customer Services on 0191 20 20 747 for all public transport advice and information, or send them a query here.
- Download our Fact file for students and young people, below, about getting around by public transport.
If you're a student aged 19 or over, information about fares and tickets for you is here.