Our strategic aims for local transport are:
Metro and Local Rail
- to provide reliable, accessible and comfortable Metro and local rail services with high levels of customer satisfaction within available resources;
- to grow the Metro and local rail network and their modal share as part of an integrated public transport network; and
- to achieve value-for-money.
- to arrest the decline in bus patronage;
- to maintain (and preferably grow) network accessibility; and
- to deliver better value-for-public-money.
- to ensure longevity of the ferry;
- to increase patronage whilst maintaining customer satisfaction;
- to support the regeneration of North and South Tyneside; and
- to seek opportunities to become an exemplar of sustainable transport.
Detailed future proposals for each of our strategies can be found outlined below.