At Nexus our employees are key to the services we provide to the people of Tyne and Wear.
Hard work and dedication should always be rewarded and all employees are entitled to the following core benefits:
- Free travel - free travel for employees and one nominated person (spouse/partner/any other person) on the Tyne and Wear Metro, the Shields Ferry and local bus services throughout Tyne and Wear, and free travel on Metro and ferry for dependants in full-time education.
- Nexus Learning Centre – our bespoke facility delivers a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities for employees. It includes a train track, a mock station lobby, a computerised Metro driver training simulator as well as classrooms and computer suites.
- Annual leave - generous annual leave entitlement in addition to paid public holidays.
- Pension Scheme - we offer membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), with your own contributions topped up with contributions from Nexus. This is a secure pension with the flexibility to vary your contributions. For further information visit LGPS.
- Sick Pay Scheme - our generous occupational sick pay scheme offers up to 26 weeks at full pay, with a further 26 weeks at half pay, depending on how long you have been with us.
- Well-being for employees - our Occupational Health Service offers a range of well-being initiatives for staff, including health checks and confidential advice on any health-related issue. You can access our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a health portal and access to confidential support 24/7 and a Health Cash Plan which is paid for directly from your salary.
- Nexus Well-being Programme – we aim to promote a happy and healthy workforce by raising awareness, educating and signposting staff to services and programmes available to them. We also have trained Mental Health First Aiders to support colleagues.
- Flexible working – we’re proud to have various policies in place to support flexible working and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance, including a home working policy.
- Rewards - our Staff Awards scheme celebrates the achievements of staff throughout the year.
- High street discounts - our online site offers discounts and cash back for many UK retailers, travel, dining out, leisure activities, sports nutrition and more, plus a cycle to work scheme all year round.