At Nexus we believe hard work and dedication should be rewarded. If you join our team you'll be entitled to some excellent core benefits:
- Free travel - employees and one nominated person (spouse/partner/any other person) is entitled to free travel on the Tyne and Wear Metro, the Shields Ferry and local bus services throughout Tyne and Wear, and free travel on Metro and the Shields Ferry for dependants in full-time education.
- Annual leave - generous 28 days annual leave entitlement in addition to paid public holidays.
- Flexible working – we’re proud to have policies in place to support flexible working and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance, including an agile working policy.
- Pension Scheme - we offer membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), with your own contributions topped up with contributions from Nexus. This is a secure pension with the flexibility to vary your contributions. For further information visit LGPS.
- Well-being for employees - we aim to promote a happy and healthy workforce by raising awareness, educating and signposting employees to services and programmes available to them. Our Occupational Health Service offers a range of well-being initiatives for employees, including health checks and confidential advice on any health-related issue. You can access our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a health portal and access to confidential support 24/7 and a Health Cash Plan which is paid for directly from your salary. We also have trained Mental Health First Aiders to support colleagues.
- Sick Pay Scheme - our generous occupational sick pay scheme offers up to 26 weeks at full pay, with a further 26 weeks at half pay, depending on how long you have been with us.
- Rewards - we celebrate the achievements of staff throughout the year with our Staff Awards scheme.
- High street discounts - our online site offers discounts and cash back for many UK retailers, travel, dining out, leisure activities, sports nutrition and more, plus a cycle to work scheme all year round.
- Nexus Learning Centre – our bespoke facility delivers a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities for employees. It includes a train track, a mock station lobby, a computerised Metro driver training simulator as well as classroom facilities.