No Metro disruptions
- Monument lift maintenance
Monument platform lift will be out of use from 9.00pm Thursday 19 July until 7.00am Friday 20 July to allow for maintenance work.
Anyone requiring step free access who wishes to travel to or from Newcastle city centre are advised to use Haymarket, Central Station or St James.
For help planning your journey call 0191 20 20 747 (open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm).
- Sunday, 5 August Major Modernisation - systemwide
A £12 million train management system will be installed on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 August. This new control system will transform the way that Metro trains are controlled, making the operations more efficient and effective using computerised technology. While the work takes place train services will be affected.
Saturday 4 August
No trains between Benton and St James after about 7.30pm*. Replacement bus between Four Lane Ends and Monument (via Whitley Bay).
Saturday 4 August
No trains systemwide after about 10.30pm*.
Sunday 5 August
No trains systemwide until after about 11.00am*. Replacement bus service systemwide all morning.
(Trains will enter service from 10.00am with most stations served by 11.00am)
* The times of the service changes vary depending on the station location.
Changes to station facilities
During installation of the new system and for the five days following the station electronic train arrival screens and station automated train arrival announcements may not be in service.
Replacement bus service timetables and bus stop location maps are listed below:.
- Major Metro Modernisation work 4, 5 August
- Bus timetable Four Lane Ends - Monument 4 August
- Bus timetable 900 Heworth-South Shields 5 August
- Bus timetable 901 Heworth-South Hylton Sunday 5 August
- Bus timetable 902 Heworth-Four Lane Ends 5 August
- Bus timetable 903 Heworth-Airport 5 August
- Bus timetable 904 Four Lane Ends - Monument 5 August
- Bus stop location maps Four Lane Ends - Monument 4 August
- Bus stop location maps Heworth - South Shields 5 August
- Bus stop location maps Heworth - South Hylton 5 August
- Bus stop location maps Heworth - Four Lane Ends 5 August
- Bus stop location maps Heworth - Airport 5 August
- Bus stop location maps Four Lane Ends - Monument (via Whitley Bay) 5 August
- Sunday, 12 August No trains Wallsend - Monkseaton
All day on Saturday 11 August and up until about 6.30pm on Sunday 12 August. To allow for over head power line work. A replacement bus service number 900 will be running in the affected area. Your journey will take longer so please allow for extra travel time. Replacement bus timetables and bus stop location maps will be posted soon.