What are we consulting about?
Planned changes to Nexus funded services 359/W3 and the introduction of a new 351 service in North Tyneside.
Why are we considering changes to these services?
As we emerge from the pandemic, travel patterns have changed. We recently completed a review of the services we fund in North Tyneside to ensure that they continue to meet the needs of communities and provide good value for money. This review highlighted very low levels of demand on our current 359 service between Backworth – Marden Estate.
What changes are we proposing?
- 359 replaced by new 351 which would operate between Backworth Shrewsbury Drive – Whitley Bay Metro via West Monkseaton, Beaumont Park and Whitley Lodge.
- W3 route revised in New York to additionally serve Murton Village.
How would customers/residents be affected by these changes?
- New Monday - Saturday hourly service (0700 – 1900) linking Backworth Shrewsbury Drive – Whitley Bay Metro via Heritage Green, Northumberland Park, Earsdon Village, Sainsbury’s West Monkseaton, Beaumont Park, Whitley Lodge and Whitley Bay Town Centre.
- Between Whitey Bay – Earsdon Village this new service would support the existing 51, providing an enhanced half-hourly daytime frequency.
- Between Backworth Shrewsbury Drive – Northumberland Park the 351 would follow the same route and stopping arrangements that currently apply for the 359.
- Customers travelling between Backworth – Northumberland Park would be required to use new 351 service with reduced hourly frequency during AM/PM peaks.
- Customers travelling to/from Murton Village would be required to use revised service W3.
- Direct travel between Rake Lane Hospital – Marden Estate would no longer be possible with customers required to transfer between services (1/306 & 11/54/308/309) in Whitley Bay.
- Direct travel between Rake Lane Hospital – West Allotment would no longer be possible with customers required to transfer between services (53 & 309/W3) in New York.
- Direct travel between Rake Lane Hospital – Heritage Green would no longer be possible with customers required to transfer between services (54 & 351) in Shiremoor.
- Revised route additionally serving Murton Village.
- Revised timetable but service continues to operate hourly, Monday -Saturday daytime.
This consultation is now closed.
All feedback received on or before 12 January 2022 will be taken into consideration.
The results of the consultation will appear here once it has been evaluated.