What are we consulting about?
Planned introduction of revised route/timetable for service 552 in Newcastle/North Tyneside.
Why are we considering changes to these services?
As we emerge from the pandemic, travel patterns have changed. We recently completed a review of the services we fund in Newcastle & North Tyneside to ensure that they continue to meet the needs of communities and provide good value for money. This review identified low levels of demand between Brunswick Village – Regent Centre on our weekday, early morning service 552 trip.
What changes are we proposing?
- Monday – Friday trip from Brunswick Village (0643) to Tyneview Park (0730) would instead start from Regent Centre at 0720 and then operate to Tyneview Park arriving at 0740
How would customers/residents be affected by these changes?
- Brunswick Village – Regent Centre section of first trip cancelled. Customers travelling from these areas would need to catch alternative services (see below) to Regent Centre and then transfer to service 552.
- Alternative connecting services would include (based on published December 2021 timetables):
- Arriva service 44 from Hazlerigg (0706) arriving Regent Centre at 0718
- Arriva service 45 from Brunswick Village (0648) or Wideopen (0653) arriving Regent Centre at 0703
- Metro from Kingston Park (0709) arriving Regent Centre at 0714
- The Monday – Friday 0710 departure from Regent Centre would instead depart at 0720 to allow more time for customers transferring from other services.
This consultation is now closed.
All feedback received on or before 12 January 2022 will be taken into consideration.
The results of the consultation will appear here once it has been evaluated.