What are we consulting about?
Cancellation of the Nexus funded trips on service 553 in Newcastle/North Tyneside.
Why are we considering changes to these services?
As we emerge from the pandemic, travel patterns have changed. We recently completed a review of the services we fund in Newcastle & North Tyneside to ensure that they continue to meet the needs of communities and provide good value for money. This review identified low levels of demand for the trips that we currently fund on service 553.
What changes are we proposing?
Cancellation of the following Monday – Friday trips:
- 0653 from Wallsend Metro to Freeman Hospital (0710) via Walkergate (0659)
- 1646 from Freeman Hospital to Battle Hill (1711) via Wallsend Forum (1702)
How would customers/residents be affected by these changes?
Arriva North East provide the following alternative trips on service 553 (based on December 2021 timetables):
- 0623 from Wallsend Metro to Freeman Hospital (0641) via Walkergate (0629)
- 0724 from Wallsend High Street to Freeman Hospital (0741) via Walkergate (0729)
- 1618 from Freeman Hospital to Battle Hill (1645) via Wallsend Forum (1635)
- 1718 from Freeman Hospital to Battle Hill (1745) via Wallsend Forum (1735)
This consultation is now closed.
All feedback received on or before 12 January 2022 will be taken into consideration.
The results of the consultation will appear here once it has been evaluated.