We were seeking views about planned changes to the route of service 335 in the Benton and Cobalt areas.
Local residents and Councillors have contacted us to request a direct bus link between Forest Hall – North Tyneside Hospital.
We plan to change the route of service 335 between Four Lane Ends and Benton ASDA. Instead of travelling along Whitley Road twice, service 335 would divert via Forest Hall and Palmersville. This diversion would take slightly longer. To compensate for this, we also plan to change the route in the Cobalt area. Here we plan to change the route between Cobalt Shops (Tesco) and New York to operate direct via Silver Fox Way (instead of the current route which serves Quick Silver Way, The Silverlink North or New York Road). A new timetable would be introduced with a more frequent service during the morning and afternoon. The service would continue to operate up to every 30 minutes Monday – Friday with an hourly Saturday daytime service.
- New direct bus link between Forest Hall – North Tyneside Hospital and Cobalt / Quorum business parks
- Improved bus links between Forest Hall – Aldi on Great Lime Road
- New direct bus link between Palmersville and Benton ASDA
- Service 335 would no longer serve Whitley Road between Front Street – Station Road North and Quick Silver Way, The Silverlink North and New York Road (but these sections would continue to be served by other bus routes)
- New links for Silver Fox Way (Cobalt)
- New timetable introduced with more trips operating during the morning and afternoon periods
Before we make a final decision on this planned change, we wanted to hear what you think about our plans.
The consultation was open from 22 July until 11 August 2021. This consultation is now closed, we'll share the decision here when we've analysed the responses.
See below for the proposed new timetable, and maps of the proposed route in Forest Hall and Cobalt