Nexus is of course affected by the effects of the pandemic, with staff working from home, without access to all systems. This means that we're unable to process Concessionary Travel Pass applications and requests for renewals and replacements in the way that we normally do, via a paper application form.
We’ve been working on a way to deal with these requests, and are now pleased to be able to offer you online forms:
- Apply for your first Concessionary Travel Pass - click here
- Request the replacement or renewal of an existing Concessionary Travel Pass - click here
- Apply for your first Companion Card - click here
Disabled children aged five to 16 who live in Tyne and Wear should apply for an All Day Concessionary Travel Pass and an Under 16 Pop card. If you travel by Metro, you should also apply for a Metro Gold Card.
- If you are travelling on bus – use your All Day Concessionary Travel Pass to travel free of charge all day every day.
- If you are travelling by Metro, the Shields Ferry, or on the Newcastle to Sunderland Northern Rail service – use your Metro Gold Card to travel free of charge all day every day.
- If you are travelling on Northern Rail services between Newcastle and Metrocentre/Blaydon – use your Under 16 Pop card to travel at concessionary child fares.