Here's all the information you'll need to find out how to get to school by public transport:
Planning your journey
- Use our interactive Live Travel Map to see the next bus, Metro, train and Shields Ferry times from every stop and station in Tyne and Wear and to plan your journey. Simply enter your school's name, your home postcode and journey time to find your bus and Metro options. Bus times are Real-Time where available - which means it's the time the bus is expected to actually leave your stop.
- To find the school bus services for your school, simply click here and then go to 'In this section' for school buses in your area.
- Or, if you know the number of the bus you need, click here to find the timetable.
- Metro timetables are here
Tickets and passes
- Get your Under 16 Pop card to save money on child fares.
- Or, buy a School Pass so you don't have to find change for fares every day.
- Call Nexus Customer Services on 0191 20 20 747 for all public transport advice and information, or send them a query here.
- Download our School Travel Fact File, below, about getting to school by public transport. It's aimed at Year 6 pupils, and children moving to middle or high school, but is useful for all pupils who are planning to travel independently.