School bus services during Coronavirus
As parents get ready for the new school term, Nexus has the following advice;
- Families should plan how their children will reach schools and colleges comfortably – walking and cycling where journeys are shorter, and identifying which public transport they can use if they need to.
- Pupils using public transport should have exact change to make their journey wherever possible.
- Anyone using public transport should follow standard public health advice – washing hands thoroughly throughout the day, not travelling if they have symptoms of Covid-19 and we would like to encourage children travelling by school bus to wear a face covering.
Dedicated school services
To help get schoolchildren to school from places where normal bus services don’t run, Nexus pays for special school bus services.
To find the school bus services for your school, simply click on the link for your district, see 'In this section' on the right. These are the school bus services for the 2021/22 academic year. For further information, please contact Nexus Customer Services on 0191 20 20 747 for all public transport advice and information.
Normal bus services
To check whether you can travel to school on a normal bus service:
- Try our LIve Travel Map by clicking here - simply enter your school's name, your home postcode and journey time to find your bus and Metro options. You can get Real-Time information here.
- Or call Nexus Customer Services on 0191 20 20 747 for all public transport advice and information.
If you are considering buying a season ticket or pass for a particular bus company, please check that both the morning and afternoon journeys are provided by the same company. Alternatively, a School Pass is valid on all services.
For more information about travel for children aged 16 and under, click here.