We want you to feel comfortable and secure when you travel by public transport in North East England. That means:
- We are cleaning and sanitising trains, buses and stations in new ways.
- We provide guidance and information throughout your journey to help you maintain social distance.
- Our customer service staff will manage stations to stop them becoming too busy.
- We meet the Government’s Covid-secure standard for public transport
You can help us to keep you and fellow passengers safe by staying alert, and following a few simple steps:
- Follow guidance on your journey, such as floor and wall markings, to help maintain distance.
- Travel when it's less busy if you can.
- Wearing a face covering on public transport and in stations/transport hubs is compulsory, except if you have an exemption for health reasons – this can be a simple scarf or snood pulled over nose and mouth, or an over-the-counter mask.
- Click here for our Q&A on wearing face coverings, click here to see how to make a face covering, and if you are exempt from wearing a face covering because of a disability or health condition, click here for our Journey Assistance Cards. For access for all information click here
You’ll find more information on travel by Metro, bus and Shields Ferry in the sections below.
Nexus, bus operators and local authorities in North East England are proud to provide Covid-secure travel for you when you need it.