How to make a complaint or comment on our service
If you would like to make a comment, give us feedback or have a complaint please contact the Customer Relations section:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0191 20 20 747 (available 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays).
Tyne and Wear Metro
Metro Control Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
South Gosforth Station
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
When making a complaint, please tell us:
- Your full name, address and telephone number.
- Your email address.
- How you would like to be contacted, for example, telephone, letter, email.
- If your complaint refers to a particular incident please provide the date, time, location and details of your journey i.e. where you were travelling from and to.
- If your complaint refers to an incident on a particular train, include the train or carriage number (if known). The train number is shown externally on the windscreen at the front and rear of the train. The carriage number is shown inside of the train at the front and rear next to the drivers cab and on the outside side of the train at the front and rear.
- If your complaint relates to a ticket machine at a station, please make a note of the machine number (displayed on the screen at the top right hand side); remember to include the station name, time and date.
- Tell us as much as you can about the complaint, what has gone wrong and how we can resolve your complaint satisfactorily.
In line with Office of Rail and Road (ORR) Complaints Handling Procedure requirements, we are obligated to respond to 95% of complaints within 20 working days. To help drive service improvements and customer satisfaction, we have set the following internal targets to respond to written and email complaints: letter within ten working days and emails within five working days.
If you lose money in a ticket machine because it fails to issue a ticket or give the correct change, or a ticket has been purchased in error and you can demonstrate that you did not use it, you can apply for a refund here
If you have bought a ticket and the train you are waiting for is delayed more than 15 minutes longer than advertised or the Metro train you are on is delayed by more than 15 minutes, we will refund you the cost of your single journey Metro ticket*. You can apply for a refund here
* Excluding Gold Card holders and when we advertise that your journey will take longer e.g. when using the Metro bus replacement service during planned modernisation work.
We will do our best to resolve any problem, but if you are unhappy with our first response and you contact us again your situation will be escalated and responded to by a manager. If you remain unhappy with our response you can contact the Rail Ombudsman.
The Rail Ombudsman are there to help resolve on-going complaints It’s free to use their services and they are independent of the rail industry.
The Rail Ombudsman can be contacted through their website or in any of the following ways:
Write to: FREEPOST - RAIL OMBUDSMAN
Telephone: 0330 094 0362 (Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5.00pm)
Textphone: 0330 094 0363
Email: [email protected]